Saturday 30 April 2016

The indian Giver

Marie Kondo  Ruined My Life




This book ruined my life 

I love shopping, shopping makes me happy, I am good at shopping ...lets not be modest I'm exceptionally good at shopping.  My favourite smell in the world is not the smell of Chanel thats my second favourite .  My most favouritest favouritest smell in the whole wide world is the smell of new clothes the delicate aroma that drifts up as you snip of the tags off .... sheer bliss.

My mum Is also  great shopper too but she is more disciplined than me .  She has a rule that if you buy anything you have to throw something out. This concept is totally alien to me I would rather chew my own arm off than part with one of my lovely treasures I forgot to mention I have fabulous taste !!
My home is filled with wardrobes and these are jam packed the rafters .  Surplus  garments spilling out are relegated to  clothing rails , these are like the ones you see in shops.  Oops  not forgetting those  hoover bags, I got from costco that let you store stuff taking up a 1/4 of the space.  Quite handy they suck the air out vacuum packing  the clothes so compact you can't see whats in them or remember what you put in them.  I suppose reflecting now It's where you send clothes to die.  The great Abyss that is the vacuum storage  bag.  Then the unmentionable happened I had a huge clearout.  I'm still coming to terms with it I think I'm suffering the after effects.   I'm convinced i'm suffering PTSD  disorder  (post traumatic stress disorder).

Have you ever seen that TV Program  called 'Hoarders'?   Well I watched a 7 hour  Hoarders marathon back to back.  It absolutely petrified me .  Maybe my love of clothing was getting out of hand.  The wardrobes that take over every room in my house would engulf it. When I'm old I would be found dead under a pile of DVF wrap dresses my face half eaten by a  mangy cat . Not that I have a cat  but from dramatic purposes of this story I will have a cat.  These people their  homes groaning under the weight  of their junk. Lets  get this right ,  their belongings are absolute "Tat"  pizza boxes , rusty bicycle tyres , random  dolls heads minus the body and the like.  These Hoarder people  have too much stuff they have to make these pathways to get through their houses .  I started to panic sure hadn't I just stood on the heel of an upturned stiletto ,  nearly breaking  my neck  on the shoe I left by the front door .  The stiletto booby trap , waiting patiently for me to be barefoot before 'taking me out' Maybe I have the 'hoarding' gene.  Maybe it's lying dormant . Maybe it's waiting to spring into action....

The next thing I Know i'm driving to the Trafford Centre and purchased the Maria Kondo  book 'The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up'.  It changed my lifeI read the first two chapters It gave my brain clarity I need to only keep what I love .  I went through my home like whirlwind. I stayed up all night discarding no less than 20 wheelie bin bags of stuff .  I was a the rubbish tip that morning 8am waiting for it to open.   Giddy from lack of sleep car loaded down with bags of stuff apparently I didn't love. Or I probably did love only lack of sleep  told me I didn't love, plus i'm a very fickle person .  Fur CoatBig Knickers was nearly called Fur coat No Knickers as everything was lashed out!!  My sister works in a charity shop I had car loaded with the decent  stuff most still with tags on ready for her to take into work.

My home was so empty my sister said it rattled !!  Days later the euphoria of ridding my house of belongings long gone.  The stark realization that every thing I went to look for I'd binned .
Visiting my mum , my sister arrived looking stunning in a wonderful top and jacket "Ooh their lovely  sis , I like them".  " Thanks they where in those bags I  and love that bag of dior glosses and make up you  got rid of   thanks sis"!!!   "thats my bloody make up bag i've been looking everywhere for it give it me back!!".  The worse thing is now I'm better I keep asking my sis for everything back I see her wearing.  My next stop is going to the charity shop to try and buy some of my stuff back.  I think you can describe me as cured .  My sister said its not called cured its called  being an "Indian Giver"!!



Gym Kit Drawers Folded Via the Marie Kondo Method !!

No comments:

Post a Comment