Tuesday 28 February 2017

insanity is...



Insanity is...........









This Einstein chap was a clever a fella  and he definitely was onto something  with his definition of insanity .   But sometimes we can get stuck in our ways.  The describes me perfectly  with my weightloss journey .  Years ago I lost weight with slimming world and was successful at keeping it off but then life throws you a curve ball and suddenly I was piling on weight so for the next four years I joined slimming world easily 3/4 times a year and was always successful in losing in around 1.5 st but even though i love cooking my job sometimes makes slimming world unrealistic for me.  As they say the best weightloss/eating plan is the one you can stick too.

Then I read einsteins quote  on the definition of insanity and it was like He was talking directly too me and I had my 'A'ha' moment .  Here was me  stuck in a  dieting groundhog day permanently expecting different results doing the same thing over and over.....definitely insanity.  In no way is this a slimming world bashing post but It just doesn't work with my lifestyle anymore and the plan had changed too .

Some off my work mates had amazing results with weight watchers I used to always see them posting meals and cocktails all week long social butterflies that they are , no looking for a jacket potato &beans or steak for these girls!! I want to be like them. I want my life back!!  Thats it I got online read up about the plan found a local group on line.  Gave the lovely cathy a ring bless her I rang on a friday night interrupting her movie night with her family.  The next morning I arrive to a lovely warm welcome .  Buy everything in sight If I'm doing this I want to do it 100%and I want to know everything about these smart points.

Loving everything about this plan and even the way the meetings are run .  None of this lets go round the group and talk about your weightloss/gain and your week .As you remember from an earlier post on furcoatbigknickers .This drives me nuts and I lose an hour of my life I'll never get back on really you could bin this off and be done in an hour!!.No offence Brenda from Breck Road Im sure your lovely but  listening to your week brings me to a deep dark place in my head !! In weight watchers everything is upbeat and relevant and your in an out 60 mins your done batteries recharged full of motivation for the upcoming week!!.


If weight watchers did G.C.S.E.'s I would get an A . I spent all weekend reading non stop , directories, eat out books, magazines recipe books . I just wanted the best possible start being a total weight watchers newbie so I also attend an additional 3 groups  that first week and meet some other coaches . Sitting listening absorbing as much as I could.  Week one weigh is rewarded by 8lb loss and I truly love this plan I eat what I love in realistic portion sizes and honestly forget I'm dieting as I just loving life eating what I want.  Just gutted I was so late to the  weight watchers party!!


So as they say "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.'  Now that that is madness !! See that Einstein chap is a clever chap!!


See you soon

Ang

Furcoatbigknickers





1 comment:

  1. Love this post and the quote at end lol so true to me this is ... found your blog and I'll be reading from now on...rhat 8lb loss in 1st week is bloody amazing xx

    ReplyDelete